I love Matcha. Its honestly my caffeinated beverage of choice. It gives the best energy high. I don’t feel like I am going to “crash”. I can feel it hydrating my body instead of dehydrating.
Matcha is a great alternative if you are trying to kick coffee! If you like green tea, you will LOVE Matcha! It’s a stronger taste, but you can feel the stronger kick too! And if you don’t like green tea, practice! I used to hate green tea, but wanted to love it and after some time – I finally did! If you are asking, why would I want to get of coffee?
Here are a few reasons why I cut back on my coffee intake.
- Coffee can irritate the gut. If you have a lot of gut issues, cutting back on coffee can be a helpful first step.
- Coffee can mess up your hormonal balance. Drinking coffee loaded with sugar and milk is a big no-no. But even black coffee on an empty stomach throws your blood sugar levels out of whack. I used to have black coffee for breakfast on the regular. Not only did I miss out on precious time to get in nutrients. Drinking only coffee with no food threw my blood sugar out of whack so I was ravenous by the time I ate.
- I was straight up addicted to coffee and could barely get out of bed without a hot cup of joe. I didn’t like being so dependent on it.
- I realized I had signs of adrenal fatigue. I could barely wake up without coffee which showed me I had signs of low cortisol. I also had low blood pressure which is another sign of adrenal fatigue. My low cortisol in the morning was the reason I could barely get out of bed. And My low blood pressure was why I found myself dizzy and light headed often. Cutting back on coffee helped me listen to my body and rest when it needed to rest instead of guzzling caffeine to get more checked off my to-do list.
You might be thinking BUT I cannot give up coffee. And you don’t have to! Once you are off it for a while you can let your body heal. I drink blank coffee with my breakfast on the weekends or whenever I am on vacation. Its a treat for me and I listen to my body and now I ALWAYS eat breakfast when I drink coffee. And I love the way it makes me feel! But I do notice its negative effects on my body and I feel a lot better not having it daily or being dependent on it. So Matcha it is ! This has been a great replacement to give me more natural energy!
Here are 3 reasons why Matcha is a great beverage to add into your life. MM.
- Matcha is PACKED full of antioxidants. Green tea is touted for loads of antioxidants and Matcha has about 10x more!! Antioxidants are important to help heal damaged cells in the body which occur on daily basis from daily life.
- Matcha boosts your energy without the crash. It feels like a smooth energy high that is great for focusing. And the reason for this is because it is packed with L-Theanine. This is an amino acid that helps your body to be relaxed but alert. And I can definitely feel that! It doesn’t give you the anxiety that coffee does!
- Matcha helps to detox the body! It’s bright green color comes from chlorophyll. This means it’s great to help eliminate excess heavy metals in the body!
If that isn’t enough reason to grab a cup of matcha, I don’t know what is!
So now that you are ready to try it. Let me explain the 2 different types of matcha out there along with how to make it.
When purchasing matcha you want to make sure to buy ceremonial grade matcha powder. This is a little bit more money, but totally worth it. The taste is much smoother and the powder is a much brighter green color. This is better option for drinking the tea. If you wish to bake or cook with matcha, then the food-grade variety is a fine option.
Here is my favorite Matcha tea kit. This is a great starter set and also provides all the tools to make the PERFECT cup of matcha. There is also a little booket to explain how to make your first cup of matcha tea.
Since it’s a powder, you make the tea a little differently than other teas. Don’t get me wrong, I am lazy so I have taken a scoop and just mixed it in a cup of hot water. That will work! But using the tools will make your matcha MUCH smoother and mixed in throughout the whole cup.
How to Make your First Cup of Matcha Tea:
- Take your sifter and place over your mug.
- Scoop a little bit of matcha with the wooden spoon and place in sifter.
- Sift the powder until it’s all in the mug.
- Pour in the hot water. This should be around 175 degrees. I don’t measure the temp, but if you want a PERFECT cup of matcha it should be around this temp.
- Use the whisk to mix the tea.
- Enjoy your mood boosting cup of matcha tea. Get in the creative flow!
Have you tried Matcha tea?? Post a comment and let me know about your Matcha experience!